Thursday, April 2, 2015

Babymoon


I finally went on a babymoon last week!
After persuading my hubby for few months, we finally went on a 4-days-3-nights trip to Bali.

It was not a long trip and we didn't go far, but it was just what I needed... a li'l break from all hectic-ness and a li'l bit of fun before the baby-episode began ;)

Here in this post I'd like to share some babymoon-tips, as well as a bit of my babymoon experience. 

What is babymoon? Why go on babymoon?

Well, basically babymoon is a trip or holiday taken by parents-to-be, before their baby is born.

Why taking it? For me, this would probably be the last trip we'd have before our "duo" became "trio".. some alone, relaxing time with the baby's daddy is surely nice :)

And just to make sure that the babymoon goes well, here are some tips I'd like to share..


#1 Go on your second trimester!

It's a popular myth that pregnant women shouldn't be traveling on their first and third trimester.
It's actually not true (will discuss about pregnancy myths later on).. pregnant women can travel anytime.

However, traveling during the first trimester may not be comfortable. As during the first trimester, many women still experience nausea, dizziness, and other discomforts caused by the raging hormones.
As for traveling during the third trimester.. Many airlines are reluctant to carry pregnant women in their third trimester, as they're avoiding the risk of changing routes and/or ruined seats (should there be a case of giving birth on board).

That's why it is advisable to go on babymoon during the second trimester.. your tummy wont be too heavy yet, the hormones are (hopefully) "calmer", and you can simply enjoy your holiday better :)

#2 Have a consultation with your doctor first!

Before buying the tickets and do all the booking.. Speak to your doctor first! 
Make sure that everything is safe and you're fit enough to go on a trip (especially if you're carrying twins or having special conditions).

I went on my babymoon on week-24, after several consultations with our doctor. 
I just want to make sure that I'm fit enough, and the baby is in good condition.

Week-24

#3 Choose the destination wisely!

Choose the destination that appeals to you both, so you could enjoy your time together.

In addition, choose a place that doesn't require too much traveling time, as it might be to tiring (avoiding cramps and back pain).

That's why I chose Bali, only approximately 1,5 hr away. No cramps, no serious back-pain whatsoever ;)

#4 Bring your pregnancy needs!

Don't forget to bring your pregnancy needs when you travel.. 

Your daily supplements and/or medicine must not be forgotten, as you and your baby need them still.
Bringing snacks and drinks on the trip would be good, because you'd be hungry constantly (like me, LOL!).

In addition, it is also a good idea to bring any gear that could help making your trip more comfortable, for example: pregnancy belt, small pillow (for your back).

I brought my pregnancy belt with me, and wore it during the flights and when going to places with bumpy roads, for extra support and comfort.
Various Pregnancy Belts

#5 Listen to your body!

I know that you'd be excited going on a trip, but don't get overly excited and listen to your body!

> Try to move your body every now and then, to keep your blood circulation going well.
> Put your feet elevated after walking to prevent swelling and leg cramps.
> Don't cross your legs or ankles while sitting.
> Do stretching!

> Don't overdo yourself.. Rest when you feel tired.> When possible, do light exercises to maintain your fitness :)  

I swam everyday during the babymoon.. 
Just because I love to swim and it stretches my muscles..
  
Finally, the most important thing..
#6 Enjoy every minute of it !!!

What more can I say? Enjoy every minute spent with your baby's daddy!!


My Babymoon Highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment