Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CHIA SEEDS



This tiny things have been my favorite breakfast menu for a while.
Came across it when watching some youtube health gurus' videos and decided to give it a try.

Chia seeds come from a flowering plant in the mint family that's native to Mexico and Guatemala, and history suggests it was a very important food crop for the Aztecs. 

Known as one of the superfoods, chia seeds has lots of benefits, as shown below:

You can basically add chia seeds to anything, since its tasteless and wont affect the flavor of whatever that you're having. 
You can sprinkle them on your salad or toast, add them in your smoothies or salad, or like me, you can soak them and eat them like pudding for breakfast :)

Here's my way of having chia seeds..
I actually got many recipes from youtube and/or websites, but I prefer to have it simple (but yummy!).

Basically all I do is soak approximately 2 tablespoons of chia seeds overnight in a liquid base of choice:
  • Almond milk: original or flavored
  • Soymilk: preferable unsweetened, or you could add stevia/agave/honey as the sweetener
  • Coconut water
  • Others, the choice is limitless! (but keep it healthy)
The amount of liquid used is depend on how firm or runny you want the pudding to be.
Use less liquid for a firmer pudding, or more liquid for a runnier pudding. 

It keeps me full until lunch time and prevent me from snacking :)

Go and give it a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment