Friday, May 23, 2014

MY INSPIRATIONS


After putting some thoughts about "what to write" today, I've decided to (still) talk about what made me do what I do (the "healthy lifestyle" attempt ),

Who are my inspirations?
Honestly, inspiration could come from anywhere and whoever. 

But before I get to that, I just want to say that I had a good morning!

Why? Simple, I went to the gym, did my workout. At the end of my workout, the guy who used to be my personal trainer, Sancaka, told me to go on the scale.
So I went on it.

The result was quite good. Although my muscle mass decreased since the last month (I had a heavy flu that made me rest for a week) my fat % and my metabolic age decreased!
After going to the gym for a while, I don't really care about my (overall) weight. Because your weight does not define the fitness of your body (unless you're overweight). There are other things you should take into account, like your measurements, and the way your clothes fit you.

Ok back to "my inspirations"

I have quite a few people that inspire me. 
I'll try to start from the closest people.

My first inspirations ever, they are.. my parents!
Budiman Family
Left to Right: Vedie/Bulie, Nasya (sis-in-law), Kharis (beloved niece!), Papa Butje, Mama Vera, Me(!), and babybro Vicky
As you can see in the pic above, that was taken on August 2013, my parents are both in good shape. They are no longer young, they'd be 59 and 58 years old this year, but they look a lot younger than that.

Their secrets? Up until today, they still exercise and eat relatively healthy.
My dad, the pilot, exercises almost everyday. He either jogs, swims, cycles or plays golf, mostly in the morning. My mom does power walk, swims, cycles or cleans the house (believe me this is a toughie!).
Ever since we (the kids) were young, they've encouraged us to do sport. That's how I became a swimming athlete. 
They also taught us to eat healthily, including to eat a lot of veggies and fruits.
If me and my brothers look good (I hope I do), that's because of our parents.

My brothers also inspire me, a lot! 
Bulie, my 30 year old brother, runs a lot, cycles, and does other exercises. He also eats relatively healthy.
While Vicky, my 22 year old (baby)brother, goes regularly to the gym and eats healthily too. Not to mention cycles a lot, since in the past 2 years he's been studying in Netherlands.

So my family is my biggest support system. We continuously encourage each other to live healthily.

Next are.. my friends!
Over the last few months, it is my friends who's been inspiring me to do "healthy lifestyle".
Through their posts on social media (instagram/twitter/path/facebook) or through sharing.

Who are they?

Igor (Saykoji) and Tessy Penyami
I remember last year they posted pictures of their progress after doing insanity workout. 
They're awesome!!
This couple inspires me in many ways! Keep up the good work guys.
FYI, their ig's are: @saykoji & @tessypenyami 

Vita Siregar
Mentioned her name in my first post. She's the "Blekros Diet" lady.
She was chubby sometime ago, but now? Looking super awesome!!
Not only doing a healthy diet, she also works out almost every day.. Talking about commitment!
Just looking at her ig posts makes me want to go back to the gym and work out some more, LOL!
Curious about her, her lifestlye and her diet program? Go to http://www.blekrosdiet.com/ 

Itai Leffler 
He's relatively a new friend of mine. We met because I'm a fan of his product, duepunti http://www.duepunti.co.id/Somehow we started chatting, and became friends afterwards.
Similar to the friends mentioned above, his posts (ig: @ishape_indo) are super inspiring! 
The guy behind http://ishapeindo.com/ is also my mentor in "healthy lifestyle". When in doubt, or when I'm curious about health-related matters, he's the one I'm going to (thanks Itai!).

There are other friends or acquaintances who also inspire me to continuously workout and/or eat clean, like Michael Kho, Aditama "Tameng" (@mengtameng), Mia Nainggolan (@mia_nainggolan), Hannah (@hannahalrashid), and Cindy Lao (@cindycilo).

For inspiring me, I thank all of you..
And I hope you will keep on inspiring others too!!

Last but not least.. The healthy people on youtube!
I've been a youtube fan for a long time now. I found a lot of inspirations and information from it.
There are lots of people who share their lifestyle on youtube, but the people I'm about to mention are my favorite ones. 

Leansecrets by Brenda Leigh Turner
This pretty lady (Latina version of Scarlett Johansson, in my opinion) does not only share a lot of exercise tips, but also share a lot of great healthy recipes.

TheLeanMachines by John Chapman and Leon Bustin 
Similar to Brenda, these two British guys are sharing a lot of exercise tips and healthy recipes.
Watch their videos and enjoy their thick accent (I know I do)!!

damienwalters by Damien Walters
He's a world famous British freerunner, stuntman, and gymnast. 
Watching him doing all those jumps is very entertaining and eye-pleasing ;) 

Saving the best for last.. 
nashmedia by Frank Medrano 
The vegan body builder with superhuman strength!!
When it comes to this guy, I'm speechless..
Just watch his videos or visit his website http://www.thefrankmedrano.com/


Those are the people that inspire me the most. 
To exercise, to eat clean, to do "healthy lifestyle".

I realize that this is a never-ending journey, filled with struggles and temptations.
So I keep motivating myself, over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment