Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DON'T SKIP YOUR MEAL!!


Yup, you heard (or read, more precisely) me..
Do not skip your meal.. 
Not breakfast, not lunch, not dinner.. 
Just don't!


Myth: Eat less or skip meals could help me lose weight
True / False (!!)

The statement above is a widely known misconception about body transformation. 
I, myself, used to think that it's true too..

Turns out, when you eat regularly (breakfast-lunch-dinner, and snacks), you are increasing the possibility of losing weight or fat, and becoming healthier.




I'm not trying to brag that I'm the perfect example for that, not at all.
I, myself, still constantly trying to maintain a good eating habit.
But I've got to say, the result is showing, based on the scale (fat%, muscle%, etc.) and based on people's opinion :))

Just an intermezzo..
I just got engaged last Saturday, June 21st 2014!
Definitely one of my happiest days!!
We had a rather traditional engagement party, with only several family members attending from both sides.
It was a nice event, and thank God everything went smoothly. 

That day, I received quite a few compliments on my appearance.
Some family members who I haven't met for a while told me that I look slimmer and healthier (not skinny and saggy)
Finally, a noticeable result!! All because of the lifestyle change in the last 6 months or so.


My Engagement Day

Back to the topic..

What I'm trying to say is.. 
I know for sure, after trying out so many kinds of diet and eating habits, I'm actually feeling my best after the attempt of applying good eating habits, including eating-regularly (not skipping meals).

By eating regularly, you maintain good metabolic rate. Metabolism is basically the engine of our body that burns up fuel (food). 
When you skip meals, your metabolic rate decreases and your body will enter the "fat storing" state, which means your body will store the fat from the food you consume. 
You don't want that to happen, do you? 

You can enhance the metabolic rate, by picking the right food that requires more energy to burn, e.g: fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats, nuts and legumes. 

I was personally advised by my trainer to eat 5 to 8 small portions of food every day.
Kinda hard to prepare food 8 times a day, since I'm working in an office, so I eat 3 meals a day, plus a plate of snack (usually fruits) in the afternoon. 
That's the best I could manage, and I stick to it (be as consistent as possible).

In addition, if your goal is to lose weight/fat, it would also be better if you exercise.
3-5 times a week of 1 hour exercise, consists of cardio and some weight lifting, will definitely help you achieve your weight/fat loss, in a healthy manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment