Thursday, June 26, 2014

MY PROGRESS


If I'm not mistaken, 
I have never actually put a picture of myself, then and now (before and after lifestyle change)..

I have talked about making progress in several posts, but never post the proof, hehehe..

But before that..
Keep in mind that body weight is NOT the only indicator of progress (or even regress).

Other indicators you should also consider are including:

  • the way you fit into your clothes
  • fat percentage
  • muscle percentage
  • BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)
  • body measurements: waist-line, neck-line, fingers, etc.
  • people's opinion ;)
  • the most important one: how your body feel !!

Body-weight wise, I'm not losing too much, well since I'm not actually over weight anyway. 
But thanks to the scale at the gym, I am able to measure those points mentioned above.
That's how I know that I'm making progress. 

My fat percentage decreased, my muscle percentage and BMR increased. In addition to that, I fit better in my clothes, and able to fit into those I could not wear for a while.

Top row: approximately a year ago
Bottom row: recently

As you probably could see, I used to have quite chubby cheeks and very visible double chins *huhu*. My eating habit was never that bad, but not clean. I tried to avoid putting sugar in my drinks, but still enjoy the sweetness of desserts and high-calories carbs. 
When putting my makeup on, shading is considered one of the most important rituals, as I'm trying to hide the chubbiness (LOL!).

Now my cheeks are relatively slimmer, and my double chins are not as visible as it used to (couldn't actually make it disappear completely, genetics!). I'm now avoiding any sugary products and high calories carbs. 
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy desserts, but not more than once in 2 or 3 weeks, and only in a small portion. 
Besides, I'm not really craving for it anymore, not like I used to (as the result of lifestyle change).

And on top of everything, I feel better in general.
I don't easily get sick, I can focus better, and I feel happier. I also feel less pain during PMS and period.
It's all because of the food I consume and my workout routine :) 

I'm happy with my progress, but it doesn't mean that I'm stopping.
Healthy lifestyle should not be a short time thing, but should be continuous.
Hope I'll stay committed to it as long as possible.


Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment